Tuesday 30 June 2015

Stop Mosquito Bite Itch Naturally

stop mosquito bite itch


Mosquito bite reactions can vary from person to person, but the most common mosquito bite reaction is swelling and itchiness. Is there anything worse than a really itchy mosquito bite? Here is a super fast and all natural remedy to cure that itch and stop the scratching! To soothe mosquito bite reactions, just follow these simple directions.


Instructions


1. My kids are always getting mosquito bites, and I occasionally will get them as well. I am not a fan of spraying my kids with harsh chemicals that are in OFF and Deet, so I use more natural repellents. So when they get bites, I don't use the itch sticks. We have a much more natural remedy that works for other insect bites as well, such as bee stings, wasp stings, spider bites, etc.


2. Get out your box of Arm and Hammer. Try to stock up on a fresh one for the summer mosquito season. Put a teaspoon of the baking soda (not baking powder!) into a cup or onto a plate. Put a little bit of water into the soda and mix to create a thick paste.


3. Spread the paste onto the bite, completely covering the entire bitten area. This will dry and then flake off, you can reapply at that point, or cover with a band aid to prevent it from flaking off onto your floors and furniture.


4. Sodium bicarbonate draws things into itself, such as odors in your fridge, and the toxins of insect bites. The sodium, salt, helps to dry the bite out. This is a cheap, effective and green friendly remedy that works very quickly. My kids love to make and apply the paste by themselves. My grandfather taught me this trick when I was a child, and it works really well to soothe mosquito bite reactions and other bug bite reactions as well.

Tags: bite reactions, insect bites, more natural, mosquito bite, mosquito bite, mosquito bite reactions